A straight, dazzling smile can significantly boost your confidence. But you can’t have a perfect smile without straight teeth. A study shows that more than 60% of people agree that straight teeth make them feel happier and more confident.
Metal braces have been used for years as teeth straightening treatment. However, most people choose not to go for the traditional metal braces because of the embarrassment that comes with these braces.
But now, with the advancements in dentistry, options like Invisalign are also available. If you are considering a treatment, you can check this guide Invisalign VS Braces to make an informed decision. If you’re wondering how Invisalign works and whether it’s the right option for you or not, then keep reading this article.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a well-known clear aligners brand that offers a comfortable, convenient, and invisible alternative to traditional metal braces.
The Invisalign treatment uses a computer-generated model of your teeth to create a series of aligners that gradually realign or straighten teeth. You can remove the Invisalign aligners as these are made from a smooth, medical-grade, BPA-free plastic.
It is an ideal treatment for adults and teens who want to discreetly get that perfectly straight smile.
Invisalign – How it Works?
First, you’ll have to visit an experienced dentist who offers Invisalign treatment. During the initial consultation, your dentist will examine your alignment issues and decide whether you’re the right candidate or not.
Once you proceed with treatment, x-rays and pictures of your mouth, teeth, and face from different angles will be taken. The computer-generated images and impressions will be used to develop a series of clear aligners for you.
You wear each aligner set for 2-3 weeks which will work by gradually shifting and realigning your teeth to the desired position.
Pros of Invisalign
- Virtually Invisible: Arguably, the best feature of Invisalign aligners is that they are virtually invisible, offering you a discreet way of getting the smile you wish for.
- Comfortable and Convenient: Invisalign aligners are more comfortable to wear than traditional braces. Since you can remove the aligners, they can be taken out when brushing and flossing your teeth.
- No Food Restrictions: You will not have any food restrictions because you must take out your Invisalign aligners when eating and drinking.
- Shorter and Fewer Appointments: You won’t need any adjustments with Invisalign. You’ll be offered a new set of aligners at each appointment, making the appointments shorter and fewer.
Cons of Invisalign
- Not for Complex Issues: Invisalign can’t treat complex alignment issues. It can only work for mild and moderate alignment issues.
- Self-discipline is a must: For the best results, wear your Invisalign aligners for 22 hours daily. If you don’t do this, the treatment will take longer and cost more. So, it would help if you had self-discipline for the best results.
- Costly: Invisalign is more expensive as compared to traditional metal braces. Invisalign treatment cost starts from $1800 in Australia. But it would be best for you to go to your dentist to determine the actual cost depending on your dental issues and unique requirements.
Invisalign Treatment in Coorparoo
If you’re trying to find the best dental clinic that offers Invisalign treatment in Coorparoo, Queensland, then the Dentist at Coorparoo is the clinic for you. Our licensed orthodontists offer a range of quality dental services and aim to give you the smile you’ve always wanted.
Call our friendly customer service and make your appointment today.