A healthy mouth is a gateway to good health. Good functional teeth help in good nutrition. Research indicates that poor oral health can have a detrimental impact on your general well being and may even increase your risk of stroke, heart disease and respiratory disease.
Changes in day today lives can be stressful and challenging with very limited time for us. This can disrupt normal daily care and diet predisposing us to the risk of caries in one way or the other.
If you have a:
- Hole in a tooth, could not sleep last night due to the pain in teeth, abscess
- Sensitive twinges from cold,
- Red, bleeding gums, spitting out blood while brushing,
- Dark front tooth, chipped a front tooth as a result of trauma,
- Lost front tooth or back tooth,
- Losing filling too often,
- Your dentures are not fitting in properly
- Feeling dryness and stickiness in your mouth, decreased saliva,
- Going to start medication for your bones or going for radiation therapy in the head and neck region,
- Getting butterflies in your stomach by hearing the word ” Dentist”.
Then we are the ones you are looking for to help you fight against all these problems.
Services Provided by Dentist Coorparoo
- Full mouth examination, discussion of oral hygiene practices, dietary contributions and other relevant dental issues personalised to the individual.
- Periodic dental check up to minimise tooth loss as a result of decay or gum disease.
- We use our specially designed intraoral cameras and digital x-ray system to assess the well-being of your teeth and gums.
- Removal of plaque and tartar/hard deposits on your teeth (professional cleaning) and application of desensitising paste
- Management of teeth with holes.
- Management of dark, stained, teeth using bleaching techniques, teeth whitening, veneers, crowns and bridges.
- Management of red, swollen and bleeding gums.
- Replacement of missing teeth using a bridge, false teeth or implants.
- Removal of wisdom teeth.
- Mouthguard – if you are involved in contact sports like hockey, netball, baseball, basketball, skateboarding, skiing etc. We strongly recommend a custom-fitted mouthguard to ensure maximum protection.
- Management of worn teeth-excessive intake of carbonated beverages, gastric reflux, dehydration and abrasion can cause worn teeth in relatively young patients.
- Management of grinding habit by oral splint– the most important cause is everyday stress which can lead to a person grinding his/her teeth at night resulting in a change in bite, cracked teeth, headaches, nechaches, stiff jaw or sensitivity in teeth. A properly made splint can make a significant improvement and can prevent any further damage your teeth,gums,and Temporo Mandibular joint (TMJ).
- Management of TMJ joint problems.
- Management of crooked, crowded, deepbite, overbite, missing or extra teeth.
- Management of emergency/trauma