Change is the law of nature and many changes take place in the teenage years which are interesting and explorative. Sometimes these changes can be stressful and challenging like starting high school, finishing high school, first jobs, starting careers etc. These changes and challenges can affect your oral condition in one way or the other.
Our goal is to educate and to encourage our teenagers to become skilled to select the right choices when it comes to food and to be disciplined when it comes to brushing and flossing.
Services Provided by Dentist Coorparoo
- Full mouth examination, discussion of oral hygiene practices, dietary contributions and other relevant dental issues personalised to the individual.
- Periodic dental check up to minimise tooth loss as a result of decay or gum disease.
- We use our specially designed intraoral cameras and digital x-ray system to assess the well-being of your teeth and gums.
- Removal of plaque and tartar/hard deposits on your teeth (professional cleaning) and application of desensitising paste
- Management of teeth with holes.
- Management of dark, stained, teeth using bleaching techniques, teeth whitening,veneers, crowns and bridges.
- Management of red, swollen and bleeding gums.
- Replacement of missing teeth using a bridge, false teeth or implants.
- Removal of wisdom teeth.
- Mouthguard – if you are involved in contact sports like hockey, netball, baseball, basketball, skateboarding, skiing etc. We strongly recommend a custom fitted mouthguard to ensure maximum protection.
- Management of worn teeth-excessive intake of carbonated beverages, gastric reflux, dehydration and abrasion can cause worn teeth in relatively young patients.
- Management of grinding habit by oral splint– the most important cause is everyday stress which can lead to a person grinding his/her teeth at night resulting in a change in bite, cracked teeth, headaches, nechaches, stiff jaw or sensitivity in teeth. A properly made splint can make a significant improvement and can prevent any further damage to your teeth,gums,and Temporo Mandibular joint (TMJ).
- Management of TMJ joint problems.
- Management of crooked, crowded, deepbite, overbite, missing or extra teeth.
- Management of emergency/trauma